Robust Customer Verification and Validation
A Biometric technology with secure unique identifier to analyze human characteristics as an enhanced form of authentication for real-time security processes.
With the increasing incidents of compromise on conventional security systems (password and PIN), there is a high demand for greater security for access to sensitive or personal information in the Banking System. In recent times, biometric technologies have been used to analyze human characteristics as an enhanced form of authentication for real-time security processes.
- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank)
- Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus reduce exposure to fraud
- The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers
- Reduce queue in Banking Halls
Standardized efficiency of Banking operations
- The Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across ALL Nigerian Bank
What you need to know about BVN
- A unique ID number shall be issued to every Bank customer at enrolment and linked to every account that the customer has in ALL Nigerian Banks.Individuals shall be required to submit an acceptable means of identification as prescribed for enrolment.
- Customers of banks shall be required to enroll within a fixed period after which they shall no longer be able to operate their Bank accounts, Capturing of all ten (10) fingers and facial image will be adopted
- For authentication purposes, individuals performing banking transactions (e.g applying for loans) shall be required to identify themselves using their biometric features which will be matched against information in the central database.
- Update of customer information shall be done at their Bank Branches physically. Banks shall be prompted during account opening and credit check if a customer has been blacklisted by ANY Nigerian Bank.
- The BVN and unique features of an individual shall be used in conjunction with a PIN on a point of transaction.
The purpose of the project is to use biometric information as a means of first identifying and verifying all individuals that have account(s) in any Nigerian bank and consequently, as a means of authenticating customer’s identity at point of transactions.
To provide a uniform industrially accepted unique identity for Bank CustomersTo authenticate transactions without the use of cards using only bio-metric features and PIN Identification of blacklisted customers
How to Enroll
- Walk into any branch of your Bank.
- Fill and submit the BVN Enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc)
- An acknowledgment slip with the transaction ID is issued to you.
- Within 24 hours the system confirms your application, your BVN is generated, and you receive an SMS for pickup.
Unique Value Proposition
The BVN database is the most reliable and comprehensive data source in the Nigeria Financial Industry warehousing over 38 million unique BVNs, which are intrinsic to each and every individual whose profile has been captured.
- Web validation portal
- API Integration (Account link, Placeholder, Boolean Match, Other Parties, & Search services)
- Verification services (I’m Alive & Fingerprint matching)