NIBSS Universal Switch
Provides a reliable data channel for effective Interoperability, Interconnectivity and aggregation of all payment terminals; with technical and operational standardization for constant availability, uniform functionality and next-day settlement of POS transactions.
NIBSS Universal Switch
This is an aggregation and interconnection of all POS device terminals deployed by Banks and other licensed card schemes in Nigeria.
Keeping payments moving
Unique Value Proposition
Payment Terminal Service Aggregator (PTSA) provides reliable data channel, effective interoperability and ensures higher Point of Sale (POS) Terminal availability; PTSA also enables Value Added Services on POS (i.e. POS VAS).
- POS devices
- Cash in/Cash Out
- Shared Agency Network
How it works
Payment Terminal Service Aggregator (PTSA) ensures the technical and operational standardization of all deployed POS devices through terminal certification. This assures the constant availability and uniform functionality of the terminals and devices in the Industry.
- Retail and Wholesale Merchants
- Small and Medium Scale Enterprises
- Financial and Non-Financial Institutions
Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) is the sole catalyst of interoperability and aggregation in the payments industry. Aggregation involves the interconnectivity of all payment terminals deployed in the Nigeria payment Ecosystem. Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) ensures that all terminals used in the e-payment industry and all devices deployed in Nigeria would accept all cards issued by banks and other licensed card schemes without discrimination.
Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) ensures technical and operational standardization of all devices deployed in the financial system. This assures a constant availability and uniform functionality of the terminals and devices. The emphasis is on the ubiquity of payment process in Nigeria. Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) provides a reliable data channel, effective interoperability and ensures higher availability of Point of Sale Terminal (PoS). Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) also enables Value Added Services on PoS (VAS on PoS) as well as provide services on terminal certification. Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) enables Next Day settlement of Merchants for POS transactions. Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) manages the Electronic Payment Management System (EPMS), a robust terminal management system that manages the activities of POS terminals and merchant. The following are the benefit of EPMS:
- Service Portal Management of POS terminals made easier for the Acquirers and Service Providers and the ability to be able to independently manage registration and change processes
- The new CTMS support connections from both current and new terminals that support POS Interface Specification ISO8583
- It is expected to guarantee better POS experience as a result of re-certification
- Supported Operations: All current transaction types are supported subject to full integration
- Connecting port issues would be a thing of the past, thus, reducing routing errors
- Group keys instead of same keys for all service providers for better security
- Transaction message validation to ensure that POS payment applications conform to standards
- Better security to enhance stakeholders’ confidence
We currently support all Nigeria banks and Payment Service Providers/Payment Terminal Application Developer (PTSP/PTAD)