NIBSS DIRECT DEBIT
A web-based electronic Direct Debit Mandate library accessible to all stakeholders. NDD monitors overall industry mandates and provides a convenient online interaction experience between presenting Banks, paying Banks and Direct Debit originator
NIBSS Direct Debit
NIBSS Direct Debit (NDD) is a data repository for financial and non-financial mandate instructions as well as other affiliated services issued by a subscriber to a biller, service provider or an institution.
Mandate Instructions Handled Brilliantly
Unique Value Proposition
NDD offers an automated debit of bank account(s) for the fulfillment of the contract (mandate) between the customer of a subscriber or biller. The service provides the following functionalities: User management, mandate management, transaction management, report management, and billing management.
- Mobile & Internet Banking, POS & ATM
- Web & internet platforms
- Agent & third party channels
How it works
CMMS features a calendar system that determines when a mandate instruction is due for activation through an initial setup by a subscriber and an institution. Mandates could either be in a paper or electronic form. Direct Debit (ADD) facilitates the remote debiting of bank account triggered through CMMS; this is pre-configured based on the following mandate type;
- Fixed Mandate – fixed amounts and frequencies of debits to the subscriber’s bank account(s).
- Global Standing Instruction – for recovery of defaulted funds from multiple bank accounts, using the subscribers’ BVN * Variable Mandate – for variable amounts and/or frequencies of debits a subscriber’s bank account(s).
- Service & Utility Companies
- Banks, MMOs & OFIs
- Fintechs & PSSPs
- Pension, Insurance & Credit Companies